About Me

My photo
I finally found an alter ego to identify with --- The Female Honey Badger. "Watch out!" said that bird.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oh Brother!

OK, you got me. That is FHB in the picture below (and in the previous post). My older brother took this picture. Yes, he hastily retrieved his camera rather then stop and render aid to his poor, wet sister. You are probably wondering how I ended up in the ocean with all my clothes on. Funny story, actually. 

My brother and I were strolling the harbor walk after dinner when he yells, "OMG, look at that huge jellyfish! Scary." Sissy brother. 

"Dude, put your big girl panties on. It is just a jellyfish. As long as you don't touch the pink parts you are safe. Even if you do get stung it really doesn't hurt. I have been stung dozens of times and it is less painful then an eyebrow wax (remember, FHB doesn't care. She doesn't give a shit, especially about no nasty jellyfish).

So to show off, I decide to demonstrate for my sissy brother how you can pet the little, misunderstood creature. Luckily, there is what appears to be a very stable platform situated a few feet lower than the dock. FHB just thought to herself, "Well, how convenient that the wise city planners put this step here so that people can get closer to the menacing sea creatures."

Unfortunately, FHB miscalculated. The nice, little jellyfish-petting-platform was not at all stable. I hopped onto it and all of a sudden it turned into a splintery slide into the ocean. Not cool. But no harm done. I got myself out of the water because my brother was too busy peeing his pants from laughing so hard. I did have to perform a little minor surgery on my foot the next day to remove some bits of oyster shell... nothing a good pair of tweezers, some iodine and a strong course of antibiotics couldn't take care of.


No comments:

Blog Archive